My-Girlfriend-20×16-in.-Oil-on-canvas-by-Vincent-Yuxuan-ART-116-Painting-I-Profe

Home Forums SUNY Broome Community College Student Art Exhibition My-Girlfriend-20×16-in.-Oil-on-canvas-by-Vincent-Yuxuan-ART-116-Painting-I-Profe

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Wonderful painting of your girlfriend! This one really stood out to me. I don’t know her, but it looks like you really caught her personality. The lighting on it is very subtle (no dramatic contrasts between dark and light) and yet you handled it skillfully to create a good sense of three dimensionality. I’m impressed with your skillful handling of the color tones on the face, and it’s clear you paid attention to every little detail, like the rim of light on the eyelid, the slight shadow from the hair on the side, the tiny bit of reflected light near the chin – EVERY last little thing you caught. I like the color tones you represented in her hair, too, like the spot of lighter brown lower down. Did you do this from a photograph or from direct observation?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com